Summer is synonymous with heat, dust and excessive sunlight. Overexposure to harmful UV rays can lead to eye problems such as cataract, retinal damage and other eye problems as well.
Here are five ways to protect your eyes this summer:
- Wear sunglasses: Invest in good quality sunglasses with UV protection or choose polarised sunglasses to help block glare from reflective surfaces, especially if you are going to take part in outdoor activities, water sports or driving.
- Use protective eyewear while swimming: Use swimming goggles to protect eyes from chlorine. Also rinse them immediately with clean water after to avoid irritation and redness.
- Rinse your eyes regularly: Rinse your eyes with water. This will help keep your eyes hydrated and also get rid of irritants.
- Use an eye pack: Use a cooling eye pack once in a while to avoid burning and irritation and to keep your eyes fresh and cool.
- Eye drops: Eyes tend to get dry and itchy during summer, hence it is important to use lubricating eye drops to prevent dryness.
So stay protected and always look at the bright side!